News and Next Meeting.
Sorry I missed the last meeting. Hope the potluck went well. Thanks for the spray starch, Diana. Ginny brought me mine! I’ve had it on my to-do list to make some. I hear Ginny won the UFO drawing for the gift card. I hear Laura Newbry won the blocks of the month. Congratulations ladies.
We didn’t collect for the kids in the orphanage in Mexico at the last meeting in November. If you want, you can still donate. Make checks to Life Bridge Ministries International or bring cash. Teri will send the checks on Friday , the day after our party. They will be buying the sweat shirts and pants in Mexico so they all match, kind of a school uniform. Teri will have pictures of the kids from last Christmas for us to see at the party.
Christmas Party will be at Teri’s house ( 23150 San Juan Drive in BVS – she needs to know you’re coming for a gate pass – call Teri at 821-7470) this year on Thursday, December 12, 2013 starting at 5:30pm.
Feliz Navidad! We’re having a Mexican Fiesta Christmas Party. Everyone is welcome. If you’re not signed up to bring something or you emailed me and I didn’t get you on this list, please see what is being brought and what is not and bring what you’d like to bring .
- Entrees: Chili Relleno casserole(Robyn), Red Enchilada Casserole (Theresa M.), Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas (Lisa L), Taquitos (Carolyn)
- Fruit: Roxanna
- Salad/Veggies (3): Pogie, Heather, Vicki
- Cilantro Lime Rice: Diane Cole
- Guacamole: Kim Ross
- Dips: Bean Dip(Angi), Cheesy Chorizo Dip/Chips (Lisa Y), 7 Layer Bean Dip (Ginny)
- Homemade Salsa: Teri
- Chips: Peggy
- Desserts: Cheesecake(Teri), Sandy D., Cathy Criger, Donna
- Drinks/Margaritas: Mary and Donna Schilling
- Sour Cream: Vicki
The night of the party, please bring the following if you wish to participate
- The Homemade Item Exchange is back again. For the last two years we all brought a homemade item and had a gift-stealing exchange. It was a lot of fun. Teri would like to do it again this year so if you want to participate, please bring a homemade item wrapped. FYI – The item does not have to home-made by you! Examples of what to bring: a quilt, an apron, a scarf, a travel pillow and pillowcase, etc. Minimum $10-15 value but the sky’s the limit.
- 2013 Batik Challenge – Last year we did an exchange of batik fat quarters at the Christmas party and the challenge was to get them made into a quilt top by Christmas 2013. The group voted to keep this a one year challenge so get your top done by December 12 to be in a drawing for a $20 gift certificate from Bolts to Binding. All those finishing a top will be eligible to be in the drawing.
- Challenge 2014 and I SPY – There’s two challenges for 2014 (do one, do both, do none – your choice) – if you participated in the Block of the Month, bring your finished quilt (your own version OR the blocks you won) to the Christmas Party 2014 (next year) or if you didn’t do block of the month join the – I Spy Squares – an exchange of novelty fabrics to create your own I Spy Quilt (I posted some sample I Spy quilts on the Loose Thread Website and ladies have posted their squares on our Loose Threads Facebook page). Let’s each bring 20 five inch squares (charm pack size) of 4 different novelty fabrics – 80 squares total. At the Christmas 2013 party on December 12 we’ll lay our four stacks of 20 squares each out at Teri’s house and each take one from each pile so the participants would each end up with 80 different I Spy squares. You can fussy cut all 80 squares if you wish but it’s not required. Use a tighter/closer print novelty fabric to get the whole design in the 5 inch square. In the I Spy Squares exchange so far: Sandy D, Cathy, Carolyn, Laura, Angi, Diane, Ginny, Roxanna, Heather, Joan, Donna Schilling, Lisa Lopez, Teri, Peggy, Donna and Mary. (Sorry if I missed anyone!)
Our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LooseThreads/